Block Day 11/5-6/15 ~ Fish Cheeks

MEMORIZATION
  • Beatitudes Quiz!
  • When you finish, record the notes below in your journal section.

LIT NOTES
Plot - a general pattern of events that takes place in the narrative and the resolution of the conflict between the protagonist and antagonist (Turco).
  • Beginning
    • exposition
    • complication or inciting incident (the antagonist presents an obstacle to the protagonist)
    • rising action which features 
      • crisis points
  • Middle
    • climax or ultimate crisis 
      • there may be a black moment (darkest point of the climax)
      • the protagonist may experience an epiphany, sudden realization, clarification, or anagnorisis
  •  End
    • falling actiondenouement
      • resolution
      • open ending
      • closed ending

EQ: How does a writer use the PLOT to reveal a THEME?

Image result for fish cheeks














SHORT STORY #2: Fish Cheeks
*Discuss: Agree, Disagree, or Somewhere in the Middle?
  1. My parents generally give me wise advice.
  2. I like having friends over for dinner with my family.
  3. My parents are embarrassing.
  4. My parents have had a deep influence on who I am today.
  5. I can remember a time when I tried to change myself to fit in.
*Journal 26: Fishcheeks by Amy Tan
Part A: Use the bold words from the notes above to write an explanation of the PLOT of Fishcheeks.
Part B: Answer the "Questions on Writing Strategy" section from the text.


No comments:

Post a Comment