Block Day, March 30&31 ~ EQ: What is Grande saying with the moon motif?

Image result for cataracts
What does a cataract look like?
Quiz time!  

When you finish the quiz, work on your Dangling Modifiers with Exercise 2 here.

 
NOVEL: ACROSS A HUNDRED MOUNTAINS

Discuss
  • What is your vibe on Don Elias?
  • Why does Juana hate the owl? What does it symbolize? 
  • What do you gather about Ama's past from her interactions with Abuelita Elena and Don Elias?
  • Other questions/thoughts/theories? 
      Let's make a timeline in your journals.
 
      Opinion Poll
  1. It should be the responsibility of the oldest child to care for the younger siblings when the parents are working.
  2. My parents have sacrificed something to give me a better life. 
  3. I can't sleep when I have unfinished or unresolved business in my life.
  4. There are some mistakes that cannot be redeemed.
  5. I would do anything for my family in a time of desperation.

 HW:
  • Read pgs. 46-86 Continue adding events to the timelines.
  • Journal 14: Record at least three questions you have from the reading.
  • WATCH OUT! That nasty paragraph I warned you about is at the end of the last chapter (around page 85). 

No comments:

Post a Comment