Wednesday, November 30 ~ Short Story #3 ~ Fish Cheeks

Roots
  • levi - light
  • liber, liver - free
Reminder - Journals 15, 16 and 17 are due Friday.
Short Stories

  • Go over Through the Tunnel (Journal 16)
  • Activity: What do you really know about a person? 
  • EQ:  What is the difference between direct characterization and indirect characterization?
  • LIT NOTES: Click here to get the definitions and a pneumonic trick called STEAL.




SHORT STORY #3: Fish Cheeks by Amy Tan

Activity: First discuss: Agree, Disagree, or Somewhere in the Middle?
  1. My parents generally give me wise advice.
  2. I like having friends over for dinner with my family.
  3. My parents are embarrassing.
  4. My parents have had a deep influence on who I am today.
  5. I can remember a time when I tried to change myself to fit in.
Journal 17Fishcheeks by Amy Tan
Part A: Use the STEAL chart to explain the characterization in Fishcheeks
Part B: Answer the "Questions on Writing Strategy" section from the text.

HW: Finish Journal 17

No comments:

Post a Comment