Monday, 4/4 ~ Welcome Back!

WEST ~ Click here

BRIDGETTE~Housekeeping: Finish up your Fire Parody. When you finish, submit to Classroom.

EQ: Which poetic devices fall under the figurative language category?

Which one of the following is more appealing to your senses? Why? Where do you see examples of figurative language?

  • Writing Sample One: The beach is my favorite place to go. I dip my toes into the cold water, and the seagulls chirp above. I eat my greasy French fries and stare out at the water. I could stare at the waves all day, and the noise clears my mind. As I walk through the sand, I sink slightly with each step. Ah, summer.
  • Writing Sample Two: Crash, crash, crash. The waves knock against the shoreline, foam creeping up the sand like a cat after its prey. As I dip my feet into the cold water, I hear squawking above. Chatty seagulls circle around me, eyeing my French fries. It’s as if a million birds are blocking the sunlight as they circle above. With the last bite of my French fries, the seagulls disappear like a magician’s card, fast. My feet, frantic for footing on the sand hills, sink with each step. Summer is freedom.

Review: Poetic Devices

FYI: Quiz on Wed., 4/6

Finding Poetic Devices in Music
  • Choose (2) of the songs from the links below.
  • Download in Notability.
  • Underline, circle, label all of the poetic devices (at least 15).
  • Submit to Classroom.

Alicia Keys
Cold Play
Casting Crowns
Creed
Steve Winwood






No comments:

Post a Comment